Espadrille is a form of rope made from a certain species of grass. This is durable and fashionable at the same time. Hence they have taken different forms of soles and zoomed the fashion industry time and again. They come in casuals, flats and even heels. The footwear generally has a cotton fabric or canvas upper layer. The sole or heel is made of the espadrille rope. But this rope is the defining factor and the upper half of the footwear is styled in innumerous variety.
Nowadays, jute ropes have replaced espadrille. The natural bright white color of jute has helped in its design to a very great extent. Vulcanized rubber or wood is used to add strength to the soles. Bangladesh is the biggest jute producing country. Hence over 90% of the espadrille footwear of the world is manufactured there. The remaining 10% manufactured in France, Spain and other countries have jute imported from Bangladesh. Now you know where do the strings of espadrille flats and colorful wedges in braded showrooms come from.
The espadrille wedges are always a hit on the ramp with the evening gowns. They provide the much needed cushion effect on the soles when one has to stand for long hours. This has made it favorite among party hoppers and office goers at the same time. A natural material gaining such importance and wide market is a good thing for sure. Espadrille has always made its entry in various forms and styles and never failed to draw attention. This season the ballerinas and wedges are a huge hit. It also feels good that your fashion choice is environment friendly at the same time.